Thursday, July 15, 2010

City O' Rocks 2010x2

So I was fortunate enough to make it to the City two weekends in a row. It was quite enjoyable.
First weekend was with a sizable percentage of TEMF, the weekend started with some of the vanguard getting snowed out but by the time the full force was assembled the nasty weather vanished and the rocks were all ours. Hmm... if I remember correctly we climbed some stuff on window rock (5.6-5.10) then went out to climb Private Idaho which I proceeded to bleed all over nearly vomit and fully exhausted myself (damn it was good). The next day we descended in our standard mob upon the Lost Arrow Spire I think in all 8 people topped out then with the weather looming we began our retreat to camp and beer. On the march home the weather held off long enough to run a train on Too Much Fun. After that it truly was time for beer, whiskey and great curry (thanks Sue!).

The next weekend was hmm... I'll call them the Ruby Crest Gang a smaller but no less enjoyable faction of the Elko clans oh yes and several members of the newly formed Bell clan of Ely. The first night we go there a bit on the later side but still managed to put in a few pitches rapping in the dark free is always a trip. The next day Russ (team Bell) and I went and knocked out Theater of Shadows and Sinocranium in about 4 hours. After that it was on to pizza then camp. Sunday we screwed around on Bath rock I was able to get in a few sporty 10s and the rest of the gang played with the TRs and a few 8s and 9s in the area then back to Ely.

Two great weekends if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.