Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Tallest Man on Earth "Gardener"



I sensed a runner in the garden,
Although my judgment’s known to fail.
Once built a steamboat in a meadow,
Cause I’d forgotten how to sail.
I know the runner’s gone to tell you
There ain’t no cowboy in my head,
So now he’s buried by the daisies,
So I could stay the tallest man in your eyes babe
I sense a spy up in the chimney
from all the evidence I burned.
I guess he’ll read it in the smoke now
And soon to ashes I’ll return.
I know the spy has gone to tell you
So now he’s buried by the lilies,
So I could stay forever more
In your eyes babe.

I sense a leak inside my phone now
From all the lies that I have told.
I know he has your private number
And soon he’ll make that vicious call.
I know the leak is going to tell you
So now he’ll fertilize the roses,
So I can stay the king you see
In your eyes, babe
In your eyes, babe.
So now we’re dancin’ through the garden
And what a garden I have made
And now the death will grow my jasmine
I find it sooth and I’m afraid.
Now there is no need for suspicion;
There ain’t no crocus in your hand.
I won’t be lyin’ when I tell you,
That I’m a gardner, I’m a man
In your eyes, babe
In your eyes, babe
In your eyes, babe
In your eyes, babe.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.