Monday, June 22, 2009

Cabin Fever

So this last weekend was rainy and frankly shit all around. Friday night I found myself downtown watching the motorcycle jamboree get rained on. I myself ended up home quite late and quite wet. That turned into a wonderful cold the next day, one I am still fighting. I was house bound for the rest of the weekend. Being housebound I was able to rekindle my love of books. I finished one Gwen Moffatt's "Space Below My Feet", an interesting recount of her climbing career and her life outside the mountains. The next was Steph Davis' "High Infatuation" an interesting look into love and the interesting effects climbing and mountains have within relationships.
The final book was Bree Lowen's "Pickets and Dead Men" a disturbing recount of her three seasons as a Mt. Rainier climbing ranger.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.