Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Utah

So its been a bit since the last post. Things have been happening I'm also very happy to say that the rut is gone and done with. I feel forward motion again in my life.
So over the past few weeks I've been to Carson City and become a Tread Lightly Master trainer.
That trip was pretty boring but there was good information to be had.

Then I returned to Elko work a few more days, and after no time at all I was on the road again this time to Escalate, UT and five days of backpacking in the Escalate river gorge. Oh yes and a the Master Leave No Trace educator course that the trip was centered around.

The trip was fantastic, I made several friends and contacts. The scenery was one that I missed greatly. I love lowland deserts and I'm starting to realize that's not the case with my current high desert surroundings.



"Here I take my belongings with me. The picturesque gear of packing, and my gorgeous Navajo saddle blankets make a place my own. But when I go, I leave no trace." - Everett Ruess

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.